Monday, November 26, 2012

Bounce houses becoming dangerous

Injuries from bounce houses have grown 1500% from 1995 to 2010. Bounce houses are very popular for picnics, parties, and more, but the injuries are growing rapidly. On average, 31 children were being brought to hospitals around the United States each day for bounce house related injuries in 2010. More than 1/3 of the children brought in were under the age of five. Safety warnings and cautions are posted on the bounce house websites and on the bounce houses themselves, but that doesn't stop kids from bouncing or parents from letting their kids bounce. Most injuries are arm or leg injuries, but hte younger the kid, the worse the injuries could be. Some are as bad as neck or head injuries.
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/26/health/bounce-house-injuries/

4 comments:

  1. Most fun things are usually pretty dangerous. That's just how it is, it's up to the parents if they will allow there kids to risk it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have taken the girls I babysit over to festivals in Jacksonport that have those bounce houses and it always freaks me out when they go on them. I always make sure that I have my eye on them all the time and it shocks me to see such young kids running around in them unsupervised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do realize that kids and anyone can die in just about anyway possible by almost anything from chocking on a grape to car crashes what are we going to do about that? We really cant control it you can getv seriously hurt in anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. But i find this more safety,I went to my friend's son B'Day, Where kid are having fun with the bounce house, I have seen that bounce house are safe and not been dangerous. Its really a fun loving activity.
    Party Rentals In Orlando

    ReplyDelete